Redwood Canyon Golf Course is proud to announce we have achieved designation as a "Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary" through the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf Courses.
"To reach certification, a course must demonstrate that they are maintaining a high degree of environmental quality in a number of areas," explained Kane. These categories include: Environmental Planning, Wildlife & Habitat Management, Outreach and Education, Chemical Use Reduction and Safety, Water Conservation, and Water Quality Management. Redwood Canyon Golf Course’s accomplishments include:
- Extensive native acreage on the property
- Reducing irrigated areas to conserve water
- Establishing buffers around water bodies
- Providing Excellent Wildlife Habitat
- Conducting water quality testing